Absa, sponsors of the Absa Premiership, together with the Premier Soccer League, today launched the exciting new addition to the monthly recognition awards of players – the Absa Premiership Goal of the Month in Johannesburg.
For the first time in Absa Premiership history, power is being taken away from the panel of judges and given to the football supporters and members of the public in general in deciding the winner for the Absa-lutely Goal of the Season. As such, the journey to the PSL Awards started today with the voting for the Absa Premiership Goal of the Month.
All the monthly goals are now available on www.PSL.co.za and the public can start voting NOW.
David Wingfield, Head of Marketing, Barclays Africa Group Limited said: “Absa seeks to use this opportunity to involve and engage more with the football fans and continue connecting them with their passion of the beautiful game.
“This is in line with our strategy of allowing South Africans to do life better. We are allowing football fans to do football, just better by voting for their Goal of the Month and ultimately the Absa Premiership Goal of the Season,” he added.
Each of the goals selected during the monthly voting will go towards the list of goals that will be voted for the Absa Premiership Goal of the Season at the end of the season.
Football supporters can vote for the Goal of the Month starting with August/September 2016 and stand a chance to win many prizes including a jersey of their favourite PSL club.
To kick-off the campaign, the top 10 goals from the months below have been listed:
- October/ November
All these ‘four months’ are now available online for voting….
How football supporters and the public vote:
- Go to PSL.co.za and find the Goal of the Month voting section (top right side)
- Click there – and fill the form below (it will require your name and surname)
- Then you can cast your vote for each month
- You are automatically entered into a competition – monthly competition.
- We also have two grand prizes for the end of the season – but you need to start voting now to be in the mix
Absa Premiership Goal of the Month: Rules
- The Award is bestowed upon a player whose goal has received the most number of votes from the online voting poll
- The judging period will be aligned to the Player/Coach of the month judging period (four fixtures)
- All the goals selected will go towards the End of the Season Judging Voting process
- Any dispute arising from the voting shall be reviewed and resolved by the PSL at its sole discretion
Written by: PSL Media