The Premier Soccer League (PSL) have confirmed that five substitutions will be permitted in both the Absa Premiership and GladAfrica Championship for the remainder of 2019/20 season.
The domestic top flight football will return on Saturday, 08 August 2020.
The first match will be a Nedbank Cup semi-final between Bloemfontein Celtic and Baroka FC at Orlando Stadium at 14h00 followed by the second semi-final between Mamelodi Sundowns vs Bidvest Wits at the same venue at 19h15.
Then on Sunday, the GladAfrica Championship will kick off with two fixtures: Real Kings against Cape Umoya at Tsakane Stadium and Richards Bay against TS Sporting at TUKS Stadium. Both fixtures will be at 15h30.
In addition to the five substitutes rule change, PSL also confirmed the following changes for the remainder of the season.
- Nine (9) substitutes can be named (not 7) in the team list.
- Five substitutions are allowed per Club during the game.
- Clubs will get three substitution opportunities during the game (plus half time, which isn’t counted as one of the three)
- If both teams make substitutions at the same time, this counts as a used “opportunity” for both teams
- In a cup game, unused substitutions and opportunities are carried into extra time
- Teams will get an additional substitute and an additional substitution opportunity in extra time, taking the total of subs to 6 and opportunities to 4
- Substitutions made before extra time and during half time of extra time don’t count as a lost opportunity
Written by: Diski Voice